Howell Carnegie District Library
The Ladies Library Association of Howell was established in 1875. They operated a lending library from a rented house which was on the back of the square where the present library now stands. By the end of the 19th century, their facilities were not large enough to handle the growing population in Livingston County.
The restoration and expansion of the building began in 1989. The building reopened to a grand public reception on March 1, 1991. The rotunda is breathtakingly beautiful. The majesty of the original building welcomes visitors as they enter and leave the library. The new addition of over 22,000 square feet quietly compliments the old Carnegie building of 8,000 square feet.
The Howell Carnegie District Library provides meeting rooms (The Meabon Room and The Conference Room) so that the Library can promote its program of service to the community. The Library Board of Trustees recognizes that the Library facilities belong to the community and permits use of the facilities on an equitable basis to as many organized groups and businesses as possible for educational, cultural and informational community meetings and programs conducted on a non-profit basis.
For-profit organizations or businesses using either meeting room are limited to staff training opportunities for employees of that organization or business only.
Use of public meeting rooms details click here.
A Meeting Room Application must be completed at time of reservation.