May 1, 2022
Keep a close eye out for hidden treasures this week when scrolling through your social media feed and the Brighton Howell Area! Explore BHA has teamed up with over 30 destinations around Michigan to celebrate National Travel and Tourism Week for a statewide scavenger hunt!
National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) 2022 is ready to celebrate the #FutureOfTravel. The last two years hit the tourism industry hard with closures, record job loss, and a lack of in-person connections. Now, we are ready to focus on what is next—a future where travel is once again the heartbeat of communities and businesses, welcoming travelers to dive into what you can only experience here—and in person. Here in Michigan, we want to celebrate the Future of Travel with you by encouraging you to explore not only Brighton Howell Area but by connecting you with other destinations around the state and encouraging an epic summer road trip!
Stay tuned to our social media from May 2nd – 6th for clues to where some special Michigan goodies are waiting in Livingston County! Check out these Michigan destinations and the gift cards available throughout the Brighton Howell Area!
- Alpena, Michigan – Explore the shipwrecks of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary in an experience like no other aboard the Lady Michigan glass-bottom boat. The crystal-clear waters and Lady Michigan’s large ‘glass bottom’ viewing wells allow you to dive the wrecks – without getting wet. During the 2-hour cruise, you will experience the magnificently preserved shipwrecks and the scenic shorelines of Thunder Bay. Learn the exciting tales of many famous ships and Lake Huron’s history, legends, and lore.
- Ann Arbor, Michigan – Snag a $100 gift certificate to Puffer Reds, a long-standing business and fashion destination in Ypsilanti, just east of Ann Arbor. Shop top streetwear style, limited editions, new releases, and exclusive finds for celebrities, musicians, and athletes at this well-known destination.
- Big Rapids, Michigan – You could win an exciting shopping and lodging package to Big Rapids, Michigan, through our scavenger hunt! This package includes a $50 Old Pioneer Store Emporium gif certificate, a $50 Painted Turtle Gift Shop Art Works certificate, and a $50 Super 8 gift certificate.
- Cadillac, Michigan – You can redeem this $100 gift certificate for any Cadillac area lodging property, dining establishment, or shopping found at cadillacmichigan.com.
- South Haven, Michigan – Enjoy a gift certificate to The Lodge, which will become your favorite hangout in South Haven with fantastic food, drink, and atmosphere. Their goal is to serve you the best scratch-made pub grub, ice-cold beer, and craft cocktails by the friendliest staff in town! It should be a stop on your South Haven bucket list!
This summer, embrace the Future of Travel! Extend your vacation and travel further, challenging yourself to explore parts of Michigan that you’ve never been to before.
While The Great Michigan Scavenger Hunt may only last a week, the Future of Travel continues throughout May! Whether you found a prize somewhere across Michigan or dreaming of your next trip from home, join in the fun by sharing your favorite Michigan overnight travel memory on social media using #MIFutureOfTravel. Lucky grand prize winners will enter a chance to win an overnight vacation package!
Brighton Howell Area Cider Mills
September 19, 2023
When the leaves change, it’s the perfect time to make your way to the cider mill and savor the delights of apple cider and delectable, freshly baked donuts. Wander through rows of pumpkins,…
Fun Ways to Burn Excess Energy in the Brighton Howell Area
September 8, 2023
Now is the perfect moment to step outdoors and begin shedding that surplus energy. In the Brighton Howell Area, you’ll discover many opportunities to keep active during your visit. It’s advised that…
Spend Labor Day Weekend in The Brighton Howell Area
August 22, 2023
The telltale sign that fall is coming is when Labor Day Weekend approaches. Don’t let the summer coming to an end keep you down – send off everyone’s favorite season with a getaway to the Brighton Howell…
Locals Guide To - Hell, Michigan
July 23, 2023
Welcome to Hell, Michigan, a modest town filled with devilish fun and heavenly views! Known for its fun name, the city of Hell offers visitors unique experiences that you can only have here. Don’t…
Free Ways to Explore Brighton Howell Area
July 14, 2023
Planning your next getaway can be expensive, confusing, and ultimately difficult to decide where to go. However, your getaway to the Brighton Howell Area doesn’t have to break the…