May 1, 2022
Keep a close eye out for hidden treasures this week when scrolling through your social media feed and the Brighton Howell Area! Explore BHA has teamed up with over 30 destinations around Michigan to celebrate National Travel and Tourism Week for a statewide scavenger hunt!
National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) 2022 is ready to celebrate the #FutureOfTravel. The last two years hit the tourism industry hard with closures, record job loss, and a lack of in-person connections. Now, we are ready to focus on what is next—a future where travel is once again the heartbeat of communities and businesses, welcoming travelers to dive into what you can only experience here—and in person. Here in Michigan, we want to celebrate the Future of Travel with you by encouraging you to explore not only Brighton Howell Area but by connecting you with other destinations around the state and encouraging an epic summer road trip!
Stay tuned to our social media from May 2nd – 6th for clues to where some special Michigan goodies are waiting in Livingston County! Check out these Michigan destinations and the gift cards available throughout the Brighton Howell Area!
- Alpena, Michigan – Explore the shipwrecks of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary in an experience like no other aboard the Lady Michigan glass-bottom boat. The crystal-clear waters and Lady Michigan’s large ‘glass bottom’ viewing wells allow you to dive the wrecks – without getting wet. During the 2-hour cruise, you will experience the magnificently preserved shipwrecks and the scenic shorelines of Thunder Bay. Learn the exciting tales of many famous ships and Lake Huron’s history, legends, and lore.
- Ann Arbor, Michigan – Snag a $100 gift certificate to Puffer Reds, a long-standing business and fashion destination in Ypsilanti, just east of Ann Arbor. Shop top streetwear style, limited editions, new releases, and exclusive finds for celebrities, musicians, and athletes at this well-known destination.
- Big Rapids, Michigan – You could win an exciting shopping and lodging package to Big Rapids, Michigan, through our scavenger hunt! This package includes a $50 Old Pioneer Store Emporium gif certificate, a $50 Painted Turtle Gift Shop Art Works certificate, and a $50 Super 8 gift certificate.
- Cadillac, Michigan – You can redeem this $100 gift certificate for any Cadillac area lodging property, dining establishment, or shopping found at cadillacmichigan.com.
- South Haven, Michigan – Enjoy a gift certificate to The Lodge, which will become your favorite hangout in South Haven with fantastic food, drink, and atmosphere. Their goal is to serve you the best scratch-made pub grub, ice-cold beer, and craft cocktails by the friendliest staff in town! It should be a stop on your South Haven bucket list!
This summer, embrace the Future of Travel! Extend your vacation and travel further, challenging yourself to explore parts of Michigan that you’ve never been to before.
While The Great Michigan Scavenger Hunt may only last a week, the Future of Travel continues throughout May! Whether you found a prize somewhere across Michigan or dreaming of your next trip from home, join in the fun by sharing your favorite Michigan overnight travel memory on social media using #MIFutureOfTravel. Lucky grand prize winners will enter a chance to win an overnight vacation package!
Spring Activities and Things To Do in the Brighton Howell Area
March 23, 2022
Spring has sprung in the Brighton Howell Area and it’s time to get outside and celebrate! Mark your calendar with all of these amazing community events happening this spring.
Book A Room
Treat Yourself to a Book Date
February 28, 2022
Please enjoy this guest blog from Howell resident, Madison Lim.
In theory, you’re supposed to go on a date with another person, but why do that when you can have a book as your date? With March being…
Unleash Your Rage in Whitmore Lake, Michigan
February 22, 2022
Please enjoy this guest blog from marketing professional and small business owner, Marissa Conniff.
Do you ever feel like you need to rage out? There may be a place for you in the Brighton Howell Area. Destruction…
Celebrate Couple-Owned Businesses in the Brighton-Howell Area
February 1, 2022
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, the Livingston County Convention & Visitors Bureau spoke to couples who own businesses together in our communities. We are proud to have these local businesses in the Brighton-Howell Area. Today we celebrate their love for…
Love in LivCo: Date Ideas in the Brighton-Howell Area
January 26, 2022
Valentine’s Day is coming up and it’s the perfect time to travel to the Brighton-Howell Area for a date! Whether you consider yourself a foodie, a thrillseeker, or an outdoorsman, there are tons of exciting…