Whitmore Lake Bark Park
Located at the Jennings Road Athletic Complex near the running track, the Bark Park is a safe place to exercise dogs off the leash within a fenced area, while enjoying the natural beauty of the surrounding athletic complex. The Bark Park is open 7 days a week from dawn to dusk. The park will be open during the winter, but please note there will be no winter maintenance performed.
PLEASE clean up after your pet!
Bark Park Rules:
- All dogs must display current license and vaccination tags.
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. Dog behavior can be unpredictable around other dogs and strangers.
- Dog owners and handlers are strictly liable for any damage or injury caused by their dog(s).
- Dog handlers must be 18 years of age or older. Children under 18 are not allowed in the dog park unless accompanied by an adult.
- All dogs must remain leashed until they are in the designated fenced area.
- Dogs must not be left unattended. Dogs must be in view and voice command of their owner at all times.
- Dog handlers are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Plastic bags are to be used to remove solid waste and placed in the trash receptacle. Visitors to the dog park are asked to collect clean, appropriate plastic bags and donate them to the park when they visit by putting them in the container provided.
- Dogs in heat and puppies under four months are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs that fight or exhibit aggressive behavior must be immediately removed from the park by their owner.
- No more than two dogs per handler are allowed at one time.
- No smoking, food or alcohol is allowed within the park.
- Users of the dog park are encouraged to bring fresh water to the park and make it available to others in the dishes provided.
- Please be courteous to your neighbors and remove your dog(s) if their barking is not controlled.
- Individuals failing to comply with the posted rules are subject to citation, expulsion, or arrest as well as dog impound.
- Park hours are dawn to dusk. Under no circumstances before 6 a.m. or after 10 p.m. will you be permitted in the park (hours are subject to closures for required maintenance operations).
- For non-emergencies at the dog park, please call (734) 449-2880.
- If you need emergency assistance please call 911.